Workshopped and Design Show Australia present
AUSTRALIA’S NEXT TOP DESIGNER
Sydney 2022 | 20-22 October, ICC Sydney
WORKSHOPPED are delighted to collaborate with Design Show Australia in Australia’s Next Top Designer, shinning a spotlight on those leading the next generation of design.
We’re looking for emerging designers, makers and creatives, that have breakthrough products and concepts shaping the future of design.
This showcase and competition is a platform to generate maximum exposure for new designers, while celebrating sustainable and innovative design.
- Submissions can include conceptual designs. Successful applicants will have 3 months from confirmation of becoming a finalist to the show to bring their entries to life
- Products/objects/art displayed to have been produced within the last 12 months and not presented elsewhere on the show floor
- Categories represented include:
- Objects/Art (including but not limited to: homewares, accessories, textiles, glassware, ceramics, art)
- April 11 – launch
- June 27 – submissions deadline
- July 18 – confirmation of successful submissions
- October 19 – all products must arrive at venue for install
- October 20-22 – showcase live – finalists encouraged to attend to reap maximum benefit from participation
Criteria and Eligibility:
Australia’s Next Top Designers Showcase is open to early stage and emerging designers to submit a product or series. Submissions can include conceptual designs on the priviso that they will be made for the event if the application is successful in becoming a finalist
Categories for applicants include:
- New – Studying
- Emerging – up to 5 years in practice
Categories represented include:
- Product: furniture & lighting
- Object + Art: object, accessories, textile, art & ceramics
Product must not display elsewhere in the show, and product must be produced within the last 12 months.